“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
- Abuse (booklet and video)
- Anger control (booklet and video)
- Bereavement - when someone close to you has died (booklet and video)
- Domestic Violence
- Hayfever - tips for reducing your symptoms
- Rape and Sexual Violence - click here to find out where you can turn to for help
- Sleeping Problems (booklet and video)
- Sleep - improving your sleep habit (sleep hygiene)
- Snoring - website all about snoring
- Feeling isolated & alone - get to know people in your community with Streetbank (watch the video)
- I've been told I need some Vitamin D
- Positive Mental Health - for anyone who wants to generally feel better (and it helps with sleep and pain too!)
- Anxiety (booklet and video)
- Depression (booklet and video)
- Health anxiety (booklet and video)
- Hearing voices (booklet and video)
- Obsessions & Compulsions (booklet and video)
- Panic (booklet and video)
- Post Traumatic Stress (booklet and video)
- Postnatal Depression (booklet and video)
- Prisoner Depression & Post traumatic stress (booklet and video)
- Self Harm (booklet and video)
- Suicide/I want to end my life
- Shyness & Social Anxiety (booklet and video)
- Stress in general (booklet and video)
- How to check your breasts (self-examination)
- Urine infections - is cranberry juice any good?
- Your local sexual health clinic
- Your local contraceptive health clinic
- I want some advice about becoming pregnant
- I am pregnant. What do I do next?
- The Menopause (The Change) & HRT - should I take it?
- I have had unsafe sex. I'm worried about catching HIV!
- Staying HIV negative - PEP and PREP
MUSCLE AND JOINT PROBLEMS
- Acheing stiff joints
- Ankle sprain or pain
- Back pain exercises
- Back pain exercises (video clips)
- Elbows - Tennis Elbow
- Feet: gout - what can I do?
- Feet: plantar fasciitis exercises
- Hands - thumb pain
- Hips: sciatica
- Knee pain exercises (leaflet)
- Knees: my knees crunch - should I be worried?
- Knees: I've got patellofemoral pain syndrome (runner's knee) - taping and exercises
- Neck pain exercises
- Osteoarthritis exercises (the 'wear and tear' type of arthritis)
- Physiotherapy video catalogue
- Shoulder pain or stiffness
- Sports - which sports are really bad for your joints?
- Should I do less as I am getting older?
ALCOHOL & DRUGS & SMOKING
- Do you need help with alcohol? Services at Ashcroft and other advice.
- Alcohol and you (booklet and video)
- Do you need help with stopping smoking? Services at Ashcroft and other advice.
- 30 day quite smoking guide: http://bestelectroniccigaretteblog.com/30-day-quit-smoking-guide/
YOUR CHEST, BREATHING AND YOUR HEART
- Asthma - everything you could possibly want to know
- Asthma - take control of your asthma
- Coughing - please help me with this horrible cough
- Whats all the fuss about antibiotics? click here to read the full story
- Bradford Healthy Hearts - great information about your heart
- Bradford Healthy Hearts Facebook page
"Going into pain, instead of trying to get away from it, brings us more fully into awareness, revelation, healing, and inevitably leads to LESS pain. The greatest pain is the pain born out of our attempts to avoid pain. Think about it." -Lynne Forrest