If you are using a nasal spray and it doesn’t seem to be working, one of the commonest reasons is because you are probably not using it the right way. Follow these instructions.
- Blow your nose gently.
- Shake the bottle.
- Remove the cap.
- If using a new spray, ‘prime’ it by pumping it several times until a fine mist is seen.
- Using the right hand for the left nostril, and vice versa, insert the nozzle of the spray into the nostril as far as feels comfortable.
- Tilt the head forward slightly and keep the bottle upright.
- Squirt a spray by pressing down firmly with the fingers on the collar of the bottle – do not sniff!
- Wait a few seconds before repeating steps 5 to 7 in the same or opposite nostril as directed.