If you are being physically, sexually or emotionally abused by someone, please speak to someone. There are lots of people and organisations who can help get you to a better place in your life. They have helped thousands of others in a similar position to yours. We know it takes courage to pick up the phone, but please consider giving it a go. Your GP or the Practice Nurse are good people to talk to. Please don’t think for a second that you’d be wasting their time or that there is nothing they can do – it is simply not true. There is lots they can do for you. But you have to make the first step.
There are other organisations out there to help you….
- Bradford Domestic Abuse Services – a police safeguarding unit that provides support and practical assistance to those who suffer domestic abuse – 01274 376116
- Staying Put – a service for women experiencing domestic abuse who want the abuse to stop but not to leave home – 01274 667104 www.stayingput.uk.net
- National Domestic Violence helpline – 24hr helpline – 0808 2000 247
- National helpline for men wanting to change – 0808 8024040 www.respectphoneline.org.uk
- Broken Rainbow – support for LGBT people experiencing domestic violence –0845 2604 460 www.broken-rainbow.org.uk
Here’s some information that you may find helpful.