Making an Appointment
To call us...
Ring 01274 612 279.
Opening Times: 8.00am and 6:00pm weekdays
Please note: on Thursdays we are closed for training from 1-3pm
We are also closed during weekends and Bank Holidays
Whether we are open or closed, don't forget you can always get medical advice by calling 111 instead.
To help us...
Please try and call us as close to as 8.30am as possible in order to secure an appointment for the same day. The lines may be busy, but please keep trying.
Although we are open until 6pm, please do not leave everything until the last minute. We often get surges of patients ringing at 5.45pm when they could have called earlier (and the doctor was more available). The earlier you call, the better.
If your call is not about making an appointment for the same day, call after 11 am if you can, when the phones are less busy.
Did you know that you can book routine appointments online? It's easy and you don't have to wait for us to answer the phone! Ask at reception for more details.
These are appointments where you feel you do not need to be seen on the same day. In other words, the issue for which you require help can wait a little.
- Can be made by telephone or the web (through our online access service)
- Appointments can be booked up to 30 days in advance.
- Please make a separate appointment if more than one member of the family is to be seen.
- Appointments for minor surgical procedures and joint injections will need an appointment with the nurse and the doctor for 20-30 minutes depending on the nature of the procedure being performed.
- Please generally stick to one problem per 10 minute appointment. Otherwise doctors run late, each problem might not get the attention they require, and other patients unfairly kept waiting. (Thank you xxxx)
For consultations that cannot wait for a routine appointment, we will try to give you an appointment on the same day.
- As you will be calling to see the doctor at short notice, please accept that you will probably not see the doctor of your choice.
- If all the appointments for the day are booked up, the receptionist will ask you to give a brief outline of your problem and pass it to the on-call doctor who will decide to see you as an emergency or if you need to book a subsequent routine appointment.
- The emergency surgery is for patients who are really unwell and need to be seen ASAP. Please do not book into this service if you do not fit into this category - it's unfair on other ill patients.
- Please also help us and other patients needing emergency attention by not requesting repeat certificates, repeat prescriptions, signing of passports or referrals and long standing medical problems in the same day surgeries
Look at this...
Over a WEEK: the number of patients who do not turn up for their appointment
Over a MONTH: the number of patients who do not turn up for their appointment
Over a YEAR: the number of patients who do not turn up for their appointment
If these patients had cancelled, we could offer another nearly 500 extra appointments per month to other patients who are desperate to see us. Remember - you can cancel by ringing us or via the web. And try and give us at least 3 hours cancellation notice.