- Doctors: Sudhir Krishnan
- Admin: Chris Rushton
6th July 2016
Date of Next Review
Please note this includes insurance reports and all other medical reports, including patient letter requests.
Stepwise protocol for Admin:
- Obtain the request from the patient in writing, along with their written consent
- Payment must be agreed with patient and collected at the time of the request (for patient request letters, do not progress to step 3 until payment collected)
- Pass onto the nominated administrative staff member, who will log this and allocate evenly to all doctors irrespective of whether they are working that day
- Inform patient that the letter should be ready within 4 weeks
Who to allocate reports to:
- If a staff member is not working for 5 or more consecutive working days, please do not allocate any reports until they are back at work.
- All partners and salaried GPs can be allocated reports.
- GP registrars can be allocated reports once their trainer has given confirmation. Please ask their GP trainer first.
- All other GPs (including locum GPs), should not be allocated reports unless confirmed by the practice manager.
Notes for doctors
- If a patient requests a letter, please signpost the patient to the reception, who will go through the protocol above. Do not take the forms from them.
- Doctors should aim to have completed report within 2 weeks in general, but ensure that the report is completed within 4 weeks.
- Please return the completed reports to the named administrator.