- Doctors: Ramesh Mehay
- Admin: Chris Rushton
6th July 2016
Date of Next Review
Ashcroft surgery, as part of its weekly PLT programme, holds a bi-monthly multidisciplinary team meeting in which palliative care patients are discussed. The session is attended by the practice's GPs, Nurses, District Nurses and a MacMillan nurse. The outcome of the meeting is recorded in each individual patient's medical notes.
Aims of the meetings
- To look at all aspects of patient care (holistic care - physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual and social).
- To improve communication across the teams – especially when acute issues occur with the patient, teams are aware.
- To ensure patients wishes are known and included
- To ensure the needs of carers are considered
- To promote a good death when the time eventually comes.
Types of patients discussed
- To discuss newly diagnosed palliative care patients.
- To review current patient list who are stable.
- To discuss current patient list who are experiencing difficulty or deteriorating.
- To discuss recent deaths - to see what lesson's can be learned.