- Doctors: Ramesh Mehay & Sudhir Krishnan
- Admin: Chris Rushton
6th July 2016
Date of Next Review
To help prevent fraud, we have implemented the following...
- One partner is responsible, with the manager, for business and financial affairs
- Bank accounts are only operable with at least two signatories. Cheques should be signed by two signatories. The number on non-partner signatories should be restricted.
- Payments made by BACS require one partner's signature
- The same individual should, where possible, not be both payee and authorising signatory.
- The practice should avoid undue reliance on one member of staff for financial and business controls
- All income and expenditure is recorded and reconciled with a bank statement.
- Staff are never paid in cash for work undertaken
- There is a written procedure for using petty cash.
- Purchases of equipment over a certain cost are only made with the prior approval of a partner (£100).
- Approval to complete can be given for a specific process to a specific individual ie for BACS
- All cheques signed should be accompanied by appropriate documentation, such as an invoice.
- The practice should ensure where possible that one individual does not place an order, authorise the invoice AND sign the cheque.