Meet Our Midwives
The Midwifery Team
We, the community midwifery team, look after all of Ashcroft’s patients who are pregnant. We will spend time building up a relationship with you so that we can professionally support you through your entire pregnancy and labour. As soon as you find out that you are pregnant, please come and see your GP first. Your GP will need to see you first before they can refer you to us. Once we have seen you for the first time, you will have our number to contact us more freely thereafter.
How to get to see us
Of course, you have to be pregnant first! So, as soon as you find out that you are pregnant…
- You can ring reception and ask to book in with us midwives DIRECTLY.
- You don’t need to see your GP but you can do if you want to. If you do decide to see the GP – book for the next available appointment (or earlier if you think you are more than 8 weeks pregnant). The GP will refer you to us. It’s as simple as that!
- Whilst you are waiting to see us, go to your pharmacist and tell them that you are pregnant and wish to buy some Folic Acid tablets. Take Folic acid (one 400 microgram tablet) every day for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Folic acid is simply a nutrient which is hard to find in food. Taking it during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy prevents a condition called Spina Bifida.
- Avoid tinned meats like spam. Also avoid dairy produce (like cheese and cream) and eggs.
- Before you see us, think about where you would like to have your baby – Bradford, Leeds or another nearby area? You will be asked this question.