Meet Our District Nurses
We, the District Nurses, are based at Ashcroft Surgery and usually like to see patients at the surgery. Our lead District Nurse is Josie Stockdill. We can do visits but please remember that this is for housebound patients only. The more you try to get to the surgery, the more you will be helping us. We have a whole range of equipment here and we can see patients quicker.
We do things like:
- Assessing for urinary (peeing) problems
- Removing stitches
- Wounds and Dressing
- Managing leg ulcers
- Taking blood
- Scanning blood vessels (Doppler Clinic)
- Looking after patients who don’t have long to live
- Prescribing certain medicines – usually for long term (chronic) diseases.
The Case Managers
There are two case managers at Ashcroft surgery – Pat and Sue. We are qualified and very experienced senior nurses who can deal with a range of complex medical and social conditions. We can visit you if necessary. We want to make your lives easier.Please call on the above number and speak to us if you have any of the following…
- You have a number of medical conditions which you feel are not very well sorted out.
- You have a number of medical conditions and your confused by who is seeing you.
- You have a number of medical conditions and you don’t understand your medication or finding it too much.
- You have some social issues you’d like to talk about (like housing and finances)
- If you are feeling socially isolated and alone.
- If you’re often having to ring 999 to go to A&E
- Nursing Homes who would like some extra advice.
- If you are a relative who is concerned about a medically complex, elderly or terminally-ill patient registered with Ashcroft Surgery.
If you have a number of medical problems and cannot make sense of it all or feel that you are deteriorating in health or need some sort of help, please get in touch with us. We will do our best to make things better and co-ordinate services between all the different health departments and professionals involved in your care. We can also help you with self care and self management so that you get your independence back again. Simply pick up the phone, dial the number on the top of this web page, and ask to speak to us – Sue or Pat – the case managers.