Welcome to Ashcroft Surgery in Bradford
Tel 01274 612 279 Fax 01274 618 593
Opening Times: 8am-6pm weekdays
(except Thursdays closed 1-3pm & Bank Hols)
Latest events, services and things happening in your area.
- Are you on 10 or more medication?
- Don't know what they are for?
- Fed up of taking so many?
- Have some questions you've been meaning to ask?
Then give us a call...
07944 515 915
Please know which surgery you belong to. We will need this information.
- Sick and tired of nuisance calls?
- Both on your home phone or landline?
- Want them to stop?
A quick registration with TPS – telephone preference service (which costs nothing) will stop nuisance calls and text messages. It's free and takes no time at all. Click here…
Who are TPS?
The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a free service. It is the official central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS unless they have your consent to do so.
If someone keeps bothering you, make a complaint through this link
I've got an appointment, but I don't know what to say.
Some patients find it difficult to really express what they want to say. As doctors and nurses, we understand this. So - why not click the very simple and easy appointment guide below which will help you express what you really want to say. Other patients have loved it. We hop you do too.
We hope you find some of our latest posts an interesting read.
This post is about Gluten-free (GF) products on the NHS. NHS Bradford City and NHS Bradford Districts CCGs are organisations which are responsible for commissioning your NHS healthcare. Commissioning involves decisions about local need and how best to use the limited NHS finances. As you know the NHS is under enormous financial pressure due to…Read More
Are you on medication that you regularly take every month? Does the pharmacist order it for you? Does the pharmacist then pick it up and deliver it to you? If the answer is yes, please read this page carefully. So what’s happening? Before the start of 2017, pharmacies will no long be able to order…Read More
Counselling, Help with Alcohol/Smoking/Drugs/Debt & Other Useful Numbers
These organisations are here to help you. Please consider giving them a call. They'll be delighted that you did.
Feeling depressed, anxious, OCD? Relationship or other life difficulties? Health anxiety, Phobias or Sleep problems?
Please consider counselling.
Do you have and want help with either your mood, nerves, stress, phobia or any other life situation? Now you can see a counsellor directly without having to see your GP. The service is confidential. Counsellors can help with all sorts of problems including...
- anxiety, panic attacks, depression, post-natal depression/anxiety, health anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- relationship issues, difficult/challenging life events, mid-life crises
- sleep problems, phobias
How to get seen:
- Bradford Bereavement 01274 771 545
- Citizens Advice Bureau 0344 245 1282
- Debt Centre (National) 0808 808 400
- Mind for Mental Health in Bradford: Guide-Line (12.00 – 21.00) 01274 594 594
- Mind Centre for Mental and Emotional Help: 01274 730 815
- Samaritans (Call to talk about whatever’s getting to you. You don’t have to be suicidal): 01274 547 547
- First Response (for mental health crises or suicidal feelings): 01274 221 181
Do you need help with Alcohol?
At Ashcroft, we provide an Alcohol Service every Tues 9-1130am run by an Alcohol Health Care Worker called Tamara Paul. Patients can refer themselves. Simply ring or email Tamara herself or ask a person on reception at Ashcroft to book you in. Tamara is happy to see patients who are social drinkers, dependent drinkers, binge drinkers and ex-drinkers.
- Ring her on 07702900654
- Email: Tamara.Paul@bradford.nhs.uk
There's also another new Alcohol & Drugs recovery service in Bradford
It's totally confidential and it's free for adults, families and others that are concerned. Click on the link:
Do you need help to Stop Smoking?
If you are thinking about or wanting to stop smoking, please ask one of our receptionists to book you with a smoking cessation advisor.
Remember - stopping smoking AT ANY AGE has big benefits. Smoking contributes strongly to lung disease, heart disease and some cancers.
Thing about stopping - it's one of the biggest things you can do for your health!
Basics & Essentials
We've picked some areas which we thing are important for all patients to know about or which patients commonly find confusing
What's On in Bradford?
Here are some things happening in Bradford that you might want to explore further.
Activities, Groups & Walks in Bradford
Here are some activities, groups and walks that are happening in the Bradford and surrounding areas. Click on a link. We will try our best to keep this page up to date.
- Activities & Groups that meet in the Bradford Area
- Walks in the Bradford Area
- The Diva Website - one of the best websites which tells you about all sorts of activities, groups and events in the Bradford area. It's an incredible site! There are two areas on this website that patients will find really helpful. Click on the links below to go directly to them..
Fun things & Events in Bradford
Life is for living! Did you know that there's lots to do in Bradford and the surrounding areas. And there are new events every week - and many are free! Click on a link below to explore...
- things to do in west yorkshire on tripadvisor
- www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com - okay, it's the coast, but still...