Clinics at Ashcroft
Providing you with a a variety of care.
A list of clinics and a bit about them...
- Antenatal (Maternity) Clinic – is a clinic run by the midwives for expecting mothers (pregnant ladies). The health of you and your developing baby will be checked.
- Asthma and COPD Clinics – these are clinics for people with breathing problems that have been diagnosed as either asthma or COPD. It’s important you come to these clinics so we can keep an eye on your breathing – even if you feel fine. People who don’t come sometimes end up having a real bad breathing attack – so it is important you come!
- Blood Pressure Clinic - for those who are known to have blood pressure problems.
- Blood taking clinic (Phlebotomy) - If you require a blood test, you can book an appointment to have the test done at the surgery.
- Child Health Clinic - For assessment of the health and development of your child. The first assessment takes place when your baby is 6-8 weeks old.
- Contraception and family planning - including coils/implants. All doctors and nurses provide general contraception advice.
- Coronary Risk Assessments (Heart Health Checks). Take place routinely during appointments with your doctor and nurse.
- Cryotherapy (Wart) clinic – in this clinic, we use liquid nitrogen to freeze off any warts. (The word Cryo is latin for cold).
- Diabetic clinic – is run by a nurse and a doctor where we check your sugar testing book to see if your diabetes is well controlled. It is important to get your diabetes well controlled because we know that Diabetics who have good control have less health problems in the future and can live a lot longer.
- Minor Surgery and Joint Injections – some of the doctors in this surgery will remove small little bumps and lumps on surgery premises. Don’t worry – we have all the necessary equipment and have a specialist room designed for this purpose. And our doctors have to undergo regular updates and training to make sure they are good enough. Most of the doctors perform joint injections within their normal surgeries.
- Sexual Health Clinic – this is run by two of our doctors who all have a special interest in Sexual Health. Young people and particularly welcome and we would like to reassure you that the information you give us remains confidential and WILL NOT be passed onto others like your parents. We will happily test you for Chalmydia and other sexually transmitted infections. Bring your partner along with you if you want (or even a friend if you are nervous). The doctors who run this clinic are really nice, friendly and approachable. This service is for all of our patients – male, female, lesbian, gay, straight, trans and so on. Our duty is to listen to you and help you and NOT to judge you.
- Smoking Cessation Clinic – is run by our health care assistant. In this clinic, we will get some smoking information from you and will help you decide which of the ways of stopping smoking is best for you. We will continue to review you regularly. You don’t have to suffer alone.
- Travel Vaccinations – we currently do not provide a service for this. Many local pharmacists, however, do.
- Warfarin monitoring – Ashcroft surgery has all the necessary equipment to test your blood quickly for the INR level if you are on warfarin. The clinic is run by a pharmacist and overseen by a doctor. A lot of our patients love this service because it saves them a trip to the hospital where there is usually long waits involved. Our service is quick, efficient and at your doorstep. Please ask to speak to the in-house practice pharmacist for more information.
- Well Baby Clinic – is a clinic run by the health visitors, doctors and nurses - on a Monday. Immunisations are given. Developmental checks are done on babies. Please do not bring ill babies to this clinic – it is to check over well babies. For unwell babies, please ring the surgery to see a doctor. Of course, if you feel your baby is not developing well, then by all means, bring them to this clinic.