The Health Visitors
Providing help for you and your children.
Tel: 01274 221 223
The health visiting team supports families with toddlers and we organise things like childhood assessments and injections (immunisations). We define toddlers as little kids from 0 to 5 years of age. Our team is here to provide expert care to individuals, families and communities. We aim to help protect and promote health and development. We also aim to support the family unit to enable the best possible start in life for all children.
Audrey Stewart is our health visitor who has been here for 20+ years. She is particularly interested in parenting and getting the best behaviour from our children. There are 2 other part-time Health Visitors based at Ashcroft Surgery – Louise Lumb and Linda Baines. The team also includes a Community Nursery Nurse, Rebecca Monaghan and a Health Visiting Support Worker.
The Baby Clinic
- We run a baby clinic at Ashcroft on Mondays from 1.30pm – 3pm.
- This clinic is to check over toddlers who are generally well.
- This clinic is not for toddlers who have suddenly become ill – for that, you should see the doctor or emergency doctor.
- However, you can bring children who have a problem which has been going on for sometime like a developmental, growing or feeding problem.
- You do not need an appointment to come to this clinic However, please don’t leave it towards 3pm as we may be too busy. The earlier you can come, the better.